We Drink the River!
May 4 @ 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Tour one of the Philadelphia Water Department’s drinking water treatment plants and learn how our system is connected to our rivers, including past and present-day infrastructure that brings us clean and safe drinking water every day.
During this special bus tour, you’ll see how we turn raw river water into top-quality tap that meets or beats state and federal quality standards.
Afterwards, the group will enjoy a behind-the-scenes look at the production of award-winning ales from Yards Brewing Company at its BRAND NEW facility, as well as a guided flight tasting.
This is a special tour, with a total of only 20 available spaces, so register today!
1:30pm – Depart from Yards Brewing Company (500 Spring Garden St.)
2:00pm – 3:30pm – Tour Baxter Treatment Plant
4:00pm – 4:30 – Tour & Tasting at Yards Brewing Company
- Must be at least 21 years of age (photo ID required).
- Please arrive at 1pm to allow time to parking.
- No open-toe shoes permitted!
- All guests are required to sign a release form before entry into the Baxter Treatment Plant.
- May 4
1:00 PM - 4:30 PM
- Event Categories:
- Adult/Social, Hands-On Science, Lecture, Tour