Delaware River Watershed Fellowship Opportunities (Summer 2017)
Experience the Delaware River Watershed like never before: become a Delaware River Watershed Fellow at one of 23 regional environmental centers this summer.
What is a Delaware River Watershed Fellowship?
- A Delaware River Watershed Fellowship is a paid 12-week internship from June through August.
- Fellows work 35-40 hours a week at one of 23 environmental centers located in Pennsylvania, New Jersey or Delaware.
- Fellowships are aimed at engaging young people to become ambassadors for the Delaware River Watershed.
What will a Fellow do?
- Fellows will serve at one of 23 Environmental Centers throughout the Delaware River Watershed, assisting in environmental programming, recreation activities on the trail and waterways, habitat enhancement projects and community outreach and engagement. Each Center is unique – check out the list of position summaries below!
- Participate in a 3 day watershed training ‘bootcamp’ at the Pocono Environmental Education Center.
- Complete a Capstone Project and present their work at the Summer Summit at John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge in Philadelphia.
Who can be a Watershed Fellow?
- The Centers are looking to hire young adults from their own surrounding communities. Watershed Fellows must be 18 – 24 years old by the June 5th program start date.
- A good Fellow will be someone interested in learning and teaching others about taking care of the streams, creeks and rivers that run through our Delaware River Watershed communities. A background in environmental science is NOT required.
The Delaware River Watershed Fellowship is a collaborative effort of 23 environmental centers throughout the Delaware River Watershed. Through the support of the William Penn Foundation, this network of environmental centers aims to increase engagement and action toward the protection and restoration of the Delaware River Watershed, while increasing the capacity of each of the 23 Centers, enhancing center collaboration and expanding and diversifying career opportunities for young adults throughout the watershed.
The application deadline is March 24.
Click here for the full fellowship listing and job descriptions! (PDF file)