Celebrating the Generosity of Our Donors!
Dear Friend of The Water Works,
Thank you for your continued interest in and support of the Fairmount Water Works.
Because you are a valued friend, I wanted to let you know about an extraordinary opportunity to help us mark our 10-year anniversary.
In just one decade, we have emerged as a centerpiece of the Schuylkill River water front and become one of Philadelphia’s most valued and unique cultural and educational destinations.
Today, we are asking you to make a year-end charitable gift to The Water Works in honor of reaching this incredible milestone. Your gift will also ensure that our important educational and hands-on programs and exhibits will continue to flourish and enrich the lives of Philadelphia’s students and families for decades to come.
In the past six months alone, we have taught more than 16,000 children and adults how they can help to protect our region’s precious water resources. And, more than 6,000 children have engaged in hands-on learning in our Water Laboratory.
To continue these programs and meet the growing demand for our educational programs, our goal is to raise $5,000 by December 31, 2013. We think we can meet this goal, but we need your help to do it.
Won’t you please send your tax-deductible gift of $25, $50, $75 or even more today?
As a special thank you for sending a gift of $250 or more, you’ll receive TWO COMPLIMENTARY tickets to “Tributaries: A Modern Cantata” by Craig Hendrix of the Agave Opera Company with Brooke and Will Blair. This amazing performance will be held at The Water Works on Saturday, December 14 at 4:00 p.m. An experience you don’t want to miss!
Remember, most important, whatever gift you can send will support a range of programs, including:
* Less Gray, More Green = Clean Water Summer Program – Children aged 5-13 learn how plants, soil, and water make a greener city and cleaner water supply.
* Green City, Clean Waters: Following Nature’s Lead – helps students understand the benefits of watershed management tools that transform the cityscape from gray to green
* Seeing is Believing: A Drop in the Bucket – laboratory based education program utilizing freshwater sampling of the Schuylkill River to observe, record and analyze microscopic life
* Global Water Action: Engineering a 21st Century Solution – makes global connections to people, issues and solutions related to clean water
* Schuylkill Soundings – sponsors regular educational activities and programs such as our recent event with world-renowned water expert Dr. Peter Gleick
* Project Flow – a six-week summer experience for qualified rising ninth graders to explore water in an experiential and interdisciplinary way
* Culture and Conversation – quarterly programs that mix the arts and sciences, such as the upcoming Cantata Opera event in the Mill House
Please accept my best wishes for a healthy and happy holiday season. And thank you in advance for your support of The Water Works, past, present and future.
Director, Fairmount Water Works
P.S. Thank you for sending your tax-deductible gift by December 31 to help The Water Works reach its year-end goal!