Be sure to check back often, as we’re continually adding links to resources and useful information to help you become a better steward!
Understanding the Urban Watershed Curriculum Guide
An expedition into the Fairmount Water Works’ Understanding the Urban Watershed Curriculum, which offers an integrated approach to learning using Philadelphia’s water story as the context.
Understanding the Urban Watershed Activity Guide
The Fairmount Water Works has updated and expanded our “Understanding the Urban Watershed” Activity Guide, which is overflowing with Lessons and Activities for informal educators. Designed for K-8th grade level, this second edition has an expanded section with links to lesson plans and resources to start you on your way to educating about water, water systems and the watershed.
In honor of Children’s Book Week – celebrated the first week of May each year – we put together a list of our favorite books about water. Check them out at the library or grab a copy of your own!
- FWW Visitor Guide
- Self-Guided Tour of the historic grounds (English) / Visita Autoguiada (en Español)
- 2018 Tours Flyer
- Education Programs Flyer
- Fairmount Fishway Overview
- @PhillyH2O Blog – the latest from the Philadelphia Water Department
- Philadelphia Water Department Homepage
- The History of Philadelphia’s Watersheds and Sewers
- Philadelphia’s latest Water Quality Report
- Tips and methods for being a good watershed steward