2023 Delaware River Watershed Fellowship
Spend the summer working with the Fairmount Water Works Interpretive Center!
Start date: June 5-14, 2023
End date: August 18-25, 2023
Compensation: Fellows are paid $15.50/hour, 35-40 hours a week over the summer.
Make this summer memorable and fun with a paid job connecting your community with nature.
The Fairmount Water Works Interpretive Center Fellow will specifically:
• Greet and interact with visitors of all ages at FWWIC, out in the field, along the Schuylkill Trail,
and on the water.
• Gain knowledge needed to give tours of the FWWIC and Mussel Hatchery.
• Assist in planning and delivery of summer programming and weekend family program activities.
• Assist in creating teaching tools as needed.
• Engage varied audiences and represent FWWIC in outreach events.
• Lead environmental education and summer camp programs, both onsite and offsite.
The Delaware River Watershed Fellowship is a 12-week position (June 5 – August 23) at one of 23 environmental education centers in Pennsylvania, New Jersey or Delaware. Fellowships are intended to inspired and equip young adults to become ambassadors for the Delaware River.
- Explore a career in environmental education.
- Spend your summer outdoors connecting with nature and our local trails and waterways.
- Gain on-the-job training in environmental education.
Download the full job description here.
How to apply:
Email a letter of interest to: Stacey Heffernan, Environmental Education Planner, at email@example.com . Cover letter and resume is optional.
Application deadline: April 14, 2023.