MEDIA ALERT: The Value of Water – The Pennsylvania Story
WHAT: Join us for this interactive discussion featuring regional and national leaders. The session will focus on the state of water infrastructure and water resources and innovative investments in Philadelphia’s water system and across the Keystone State. The conversation will cover a number of ways that water investments are moving Philadelphia and the region forward, and how water infrastructure in this region compares to projects and strategies in other regions across the country.
WHEN: Thursday, May 14, 2015, 8:00-10:00 a.m.
WHERE: Hamilton Commons at WHYY Studios, 150 N. Sixth Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106
WHO: Welcoming Remarks – Bill Marrazzo, Chief Executive Officer and President, WHYY, Inc.
Moderator – Radhika Fox, Director, Value of Water Coalition
- Beverly Coleman, Assistant Vice President for Community Relations and Economic Development, Temple University
- Howard Neukrug, Commissioner, Philadelphia Water
- Robert Puentes, Senior Fellow, Brookings Metropolitan Policy Program
- Aldie Warnock, Senior Vice President of External Affairs, Communications and Public Policy, American Water
- Steven Wray, Executive Director, Economy League of Greater Philadelphia
Background: Water is jobs and economic growth. Water is a cleaner planet. Water is a stronger Philadelphia. In Philadelphia new projects are being financed through innovative tools, new community partnerships have been forged, and environmental sustainability has become a top priority.
This event is open to the public. There is no cost to attend, but registration is required. To register, please click here.
Click here for more on the Value of Water Coalition.